Education & Training
- University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, Gastroenterology Fellowship (Springfield, Massachusetts)
- July 2018 – present
- Gastroenterology Fellow
- Three-year ACGME-accredited program at the area’s major referral hospital and Level 1 trauma center, with comprehensive training in general gastroenterology, diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, hepatology, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Orlando Health Internal Medicine Residency Program (Orlando, Florida)
- July 2015 – June 2018
- Resident Physician
- American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (Sint Maarten – basic sciences; clinical sciences – New York and Florida)
- May 2011 – December 2014
- M.D. degree; Alpha Omega Phi Honor and Service Society; Anatomy Prosector; Anatomy TA; Molecular and Cell Biology II TA.
- Glens Falls Hospital Emergency Room Tech (Glens Falls, New York)
- 2010 – 2011
- Performed phlebotomy, EKG testing, routine fiberglass splinting, assisted with bedside procedures.
- University of Rochester (Rochester, New York)
- September 2006 – May 2010
- Major: Psychology (honor), Minor: Biology.
Certifications & Licensure
- Massachusetts Medical Training License (7/2018 – present)
- Florida State Training License (7/2015 – 6/2018)
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification (2018)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – American Heart Association
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association
- Rizwan Shahid, MD, Rohit Singhania, MBBS, MS, FACG, Kamesh Gupta, MD, Spencer C. Knox, MD. P1458 – Psoriasis Induced by Infliximab Treatment in a Young Patient With Crohn’s Disease. Program No. P1458. ACG 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting Abstracts. San Antonio, Texas: American College of Gastroenterology.
- Kamesh Gupta, MBBS, Rohit Singhania, MBBS, MS, FACG, Shahid Rizwan, MBBS, Spencer C. Knox, MD. P1435 – Much Ado About Nothing: Isolated Raised ALP In IBD Patients Due to Macrocomplex. Program No. P1435. ACG 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting Abstracts. San Antonio, Texas: American College of Gastroenterology.
- Knox, S., Madruga, M. and Carlan, S. 2017. Mechanical bowel obstruction secondary to fecal impaction with superimposed Ogilvie Syndrome. Journal of Gerontology and Geriatrics. 65, 4 (Dec. 2017), 284-286.
- Knox, S; Madruga, M; Carlan, S. Rare Congenital Aberrant Left Superior Pulmonary Vein Discovered with Central Line Placement in a Patient with Critical Cardiorespiratory Collapse. Case Reports in Pulmonology, vol. 2017, Article ID 8728904, 3 pages, September 2017. doi:10.1155/2017/8728904.
- Knox S, Madruga M, Carlan SJ. Utilizing Abdominal Sonography in the Diagnosis of Ascites Caused by Heart Failure: A Patient With Cirrhosis. Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. First Published August 28, 2017. 2018;34(1):50-52. doi:10.1177/8756479317727504
- Castiglia, R; Parellada, J; Knox, S. (September, 2016). Here a Clot There a Clot Everywhere a Clot, Poster presented at: Florida Chapter 2016 Associates Meeting, American College of Physicians; Orlando, FL, USA. (Contributing author)
- Lienhard M, Yuan Z, Knox S, Parellada J. Herpes simplex virus encephalitis. Consultant. 2016;56(9):852-853.
Listed most recent (top) to least recent (bottom). Publications Updated as of 10/28/2020
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) 7/2019 – present
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), 9/2018 – present
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), 7/2018 – present
- Orange County Medical Society – Board of Directors (8/2017 – 6/2018)
- American College of Physicians (ACP), July 2015 – June 2018