Education & Training
- University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, Gastroenterology Fellowship (Springfield, Massachusetts)
- July 2018 – present
- Gastroenterology Fellow
- Orlando Health Internal Medicine Residency Program (Orlando, Florida)
- July 2015 – June 2018
- Resident Physician
- American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (Sint Maarten – basic sciences; clinical sciences – New York and Florida)
- May 2011 – December 2014
- M.D. degree; Alpha Omega Phi Honor and Service Society; Anatomy Prosector; Anatomy TA; Molecular and Cell Biology II TA.
- Glens Falls Hospital Emergency Room Tech (Glens Falls, New York)
- 2010 – 2011
- Performed phlebotomy, EKG testing, routine fiberglass splinting, assisted with bedside procedures.
- University of Rochester (Rochester, New York)
- September 2006 – May 2010
- Major: Psychology (honor), Minor: Biology.
Certifications & Licensure
- Massachusetts Medical Training License (7/2018 – present)
- Florida State Training License (7/2015 – 6/2018)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – American Heart Association
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association
- Knox, S; Madruga, M; Carlan, S. Utilizing Abdominal Sonography in the Diagnosis of Ascites Caused by Heart Failure: A Patient With Cirrhosis. Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Published August 28, 2017.
- Knox, S; Madruga, M; Carlan, S. Mechanical Bowel Obstruction Secondary to Fecal Impaction With Superimposed Ogilvie Syndrome. Journal of Gerontology and Geriatrics (JGG). 2017, May; Pub Status: Accepted for publication.
- Knox, S; Madruga, M; Carlan, S. Rare Congenital Aberrant Left Superior Pulmonary Vein Discovered with Central Line Placement in a Patient with Critical Cardiorespiratory Collapse. Case Reports in Pulmonology, vol. 2017, Article ID 8728904, 3 pages, 2017. doi:10.1155/2017/8728904.
- Castiglia, R; Parellada, J; Knox, S. (September, 2016). Here a Clot There a Clot Everywhere a Clot, Poster presented at: Florida Chapter 2016 Associates Meeting, American College of Physicians; Orlando, FL, USA. (Contributing author)
- Michael Lienhard, MS-IV, University of Central Florida, Orlando; Zhigang Yuan, MD, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, Florida; Spencer Knox, MD and Jorge Parellada, MD Orlando Health, Orlando, Florida. Herpes Simplex Virus Encephalitis, Consultant, September 2016.
Publications Updated as of 10/16/2017
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), 9/2018 – present
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), 2018 – present
- Orange County Medical Society – Board of Directors (8/2017 – 6/2018)
- American College of Physicians (ACP), July 2015 – June 2018