Education & Training
- Orlando Health Internal Medicine Residency Program (Orlando, Florida)
- July 2015 – present
- Resident Physician
- American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (Sint Maarten – basic sciences; clinical sciences – New York and Florida)
- May 2011 – December 2014
- M.D. degree; Alpha Omega Phi Honor and Service Society; Anatomy Prosector; Anatomy TA; Molecular and Cell Biology II TA.
- Glens Falls Hospital Emergency Room Tech (Glens Falls, New York)
- 2010 – 2011
- Performed phlebotomy, EKG testing, routine fiberglass splinting, assisted with bedside procedures.
- University of Rochester (Rochester, New York)
- September 2006 – May 2010
- Major: Psychology (honor), Minor: Biology.
Certifications & Licensure
- Florida State Training License
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – American Heart Association
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association
- Michael Lienhard, MS-IV, University of Central Florida, Orlando; Zhigang Yuan, MD, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, Florida; Spencer Knox, MD and Jorge Parellada, MD Orlando Health, Orlando, Florida. Herpes Simplex Virus Encephalitis, Consultant, September 2016.
- Knox, S; Madruga, M; Carlan, S. Abdominal Sonography In The Diagnosis of Ascites Caused By Heart Failure In A Patient With Cirrhosis. Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. 2017, Apr; Pub Status: Accepted for publication.
- Knox, S; Madruga, M; Carlan, S. Mechanical Bowel Obstruction Secondary to Fecal Impaction With Superimposed Ogilvie Syndrome. Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine. 2017, May; Pub Status: Submitted.
- Knox, S; Madruga, M; Carlan, S. Rare Congenital Aberrant Left Superior Pulmonary Vein Discovered With Central Line Placement. Case Reports in Pulmonology. 2017, Jun; Pub Status: Provisionally Accepted.
- Castiglia, R; Parellada, J; Knox, S. (September, 2016). Here a Clot There a Clot Everywhere a Clot, Poster presented at: Florida Chapter 2016 Associates Meeting, American College of Physicians; Orlando, FL, USA. (Contributing author)
- American College of Physicians (ACP), 2015 – present
More professional details available on my About page and on LinkedIn.