For quite some time, I’ve wanted to build a completely custom PC. Generally, custom PCs are purpose-built with specific tasks in mind. For my workstation, I wanted a blazing-fast system that will carry me through fellowship, with the ability to easily upgrade components as needed. In my off time, I like processing photos from my mirrorless camera (produces large files, also known as “RAW” format files). To do this, I looked for a fast CPU with a respectable GPU and fast storage. From time to time, I’ll edit home videos and play games. This system also features my first mechanical keyboard, and boy do I enjoy typing even more now!
After months of watching how-to videos, researching parts, and following prices (for the best deal!), I give you my fellowship workstation! Birthday = May 4, 2018. I’m proud to say it booted up the first time I turned it on, too! Part list is included below.
- CPU: Intel – Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor (Coffee Lake; overclocked)
- CPU Cooler: Cooler Master – Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
- Motherboard: Asus – ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151
- RAM: Team – Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400
- Storage: Samsung – 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive & Seagate – Barracuda 2TB 3.5″ 7200RPM
- GPU: EVGA – GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
- Case: Phanteks – Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower
- Power supply: EVGA – SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Keyboard: Corsair – STRAFE RGB Wired
- Mouse: Corsair – Harpoon RGB Wired Optical
- Monitor: LG 27″ IPS LED 4K FreeSync Monitor (on special sale)